Armor All Boot Camp (ABC) held its first meeting this week. Eight members of the Orlando Area Christian Singles
Meetup group were in attendance. The event was sponsored by ICM College.
The meeting opened with a review of the program agenda expected to span six weeks.
The six week program is:
Week 1 – Introduction
- A Deceptions Exercise – What the devil doesn’t want you to know.
- The history of Armor All Boot Camp
- Freedom in Christ has requirements – don’t be fooled into inaction, the gifts exercise.
Week 2 – Doors
- Open Door Exercise
- When we leave a door open, the devil comes right back in.
- How to close the doors.
- How spiritual armor helps keep doors closed.
Week 3 – Authority & Armor
- It’s Christ’s authority that empowers spiritual armor
- The Helmet of Salvation
- The Breastplate of Righteousness
- The Belt of Truth
Week 4 – Armor Continued
- Sandals of Peace and Readiness
- The Shield of Faith
- The Sword of the Spirit
- All Prayer
Week 5 – Review & Practice
- Review Doors, Authority & Armor
- Practice Using Quick Reference Guide to Dress in Spiritual Armor
Week 6 – House Cleaning
- Clean House
- Close Doors
- Take Up God’s Armor
Next, we participated in the deceptions exercise, where we used God’s word to expose common beliefs about the kingdom of darkness.
- Eph 5:11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them.
- Eph 5:13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light.
It is important that we rely on the Holy Spirit for discernment as the kingdom of darkness has infiltrated the church.
- 2 Co 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.
Is Satan Good with Disguises?
- Job 1:6-7 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. The LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Then Satan answered the LORD and said, “From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.”
Why it is vital to rely on the Holy Spirit.
- Satan stood amidst all the angels, (ie: sons of God) whom he once led. None but the LORD recognized him as he was disguised as an angel of light.
- How much better will you recognize him or see through his deceptions?
The Devil Made Me Do It!
- When we assign blame, we dismiss our responsibility for our actions, but God’s word shows us that the devil operates in our lives because we have given him permission to do so.
Section 2 – Discussion – What we commonly believe is true verses what God’s word tells us.
Subject – Angles:
- Created beings – Eze 28:15 “You were blameless in all you did from the day you were created until the day evil was found in you.”
Who or what are they?
What do they do?
- Messengers – Dan 10:11 “…for I have been sent to you.”
- Warriors – Rev 12:7 …Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon.
- Ministering Sprits – Heb 1:14 Are they not ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of whose who will inherit salvation?
Subject – Heaven:
- 3 Heavens
- 2 Cor 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago…was caught up to the third heaven.
- Rev 8:13 Then I looked, and I heard an eagle flying in midheaven…
- Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven…
- Rev 19:17 …all the birds which fly in midheaven,…
- Eph 2:2 …the prince of power of the air (heaven), of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
Subject – Prayer:
- What does it do?
- Sets the Kingdom of Heaven and the kingdom of darkness in motion – re: Daniel’s Prayers
- One of the spiritual weapons
Subject – Satan:
- Where is he?
- In Heaven …the prince of power of the air (Eph 2:2)
- Walking about the Earth (Job 1:7, 2:2)
What does he do?
- Standing before God accusing believers (Rev 12:10)
- ….the devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. (1 Pe 5:8)
What motivates him?
- “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High” (Isa 14:14)
Does he operate alone?
- “If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?” (Mat 12:26)
How is he defeated?
- “And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony…” (Rev 12:11)
Subject – Demons:
- What are they?
“rulers and powers, world forces of darkness, spiritual forces of wickedness in heavenly places” (Eph 6:12)
- Thinking, Reasoning, Spirits– “What business do we have with each other Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?” (Mat 8:29)
- “If you are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine” (Mat 8:31)
- How many are there?
- Mat 12:27 “If by Beelzebul cast out demons…”
- Jesus compares Satan to the to the insect population by using the name Lord of the Flies
- 7 Billion People
- 200 Million Insects for Every Person
- 200 Million to 1
- These numbers are for perspective only but God’s children are greatly outnumbered by demons.
- Who is immune?
- No One…(Mat 12:44) “I will return to my house from which I came…”
- It is a common belief that once a person is filled with the Holy Spirit and know Jesus as their savior, they are automatically immune from attack by unclean spirits. This is a great lie designed to leave God’s children defenseless.
Spiritual armor protects against outward attacks but does not protect if your house is already infected.
A Clean House Needs Armor
- Mat 12:43 “Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it.” “Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order.
Keep the House Clean
- Clean the House
- Shut the Door
- Dress in Armor
Section 3 – The Gifts Exercise
- If while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Rom 5:8), why were we not born, already saved?
- Because it is conditional.
- Rom 10:9 “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, (then-implied) you will be saved.”
- God requires you to confess and believe before you can receive His free gift.
- The freedom in Jesus that cleans your house before you dress in spiritual armor also has requirements.
- Joh 8:31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
- Joh 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
Freedom in Jesus, freedom from spiritual oppression, freedom from bondage, freedom from captivity by unclean spirits, and the freedom that the spiritual armor protects is dependent upon continuing or abiding in His word.
Gifts Exercise – Demonstrates that a gift cannot be given until the receiver participates in the exchange.